I am sponsoring my wife who under family class. My wife has assigned me as her representative for the whole process.
Two days ago when I was checking CIC website to see the application status I found that
Sponsorship application status: Application Received
When I press on “Application Received” I get the following information.
– We received your application to sponsor xxxxx on May 8, 2018.
– We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 6, 2018.
– We started processing your application on June 5, 2018.
Permanent residenc applicaiton status: In Process
When I press on “In Process” I get the following information.
– We received xxxxx’s application for permanent residence on May 8, 2018.
– We started processing xxxxx’s application on June 18, 2018.
My question is that is it usual o start processing the application of my wife before approve me to sponsor her? from what I understand they approve me first then they start process her application. Is it right?
I hope to hear back from you guys at your earliest convenience.
Thanks a lot