Skip to content

PEQ Eligibility for Diplomats | Canada Immigration Forum


My family and I have been living in Quebec for the past three years. I have a full time job at the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), which is one of the UN agencies. We are here as diplomats with a diplomatic acceptance. The government of Canada has an agreement with the UN whereby ICAO employees can work in Canada without a work permit. The reason I’m asking this is because I understand that in the PEQ program, a work permit is indispensable. Under the FW1 “Temporary Foreign Worker Guidelines” 5.3 Work without a work permit R186(b)—Foreign representatives.

“R186(b) applies only to foreign representatives and to their personal servants who have been accredited by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT). It applies only to the official functions of the foreign representative or servant. Also included in this category are diplomatic representatives to U.N. organizations such as the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), and the UNHCR. “

Therefore, please advise if this is the right program for me to apply or if I could should consider switching to other programs.


Source link

Questions? Let's Chat
Customer Support
Need Help? Chat with us on Whatsapp