Screening Specialist – English (Entry-Level, Full Time-Permanent)
Hire Performance wants to hire an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with strong analytical and problem solving skills in English. This Entry-Level Screening Specialist role is ideal for recent graduates looking to gain exposure to the background screening processes utilized by Human Resources professionals.
As a Screening Specialist, you will conduct investigative reference interviews in English , along with completing criminal record, employment, education, credit checks and other pre-employment checks.
- Handle independent workload; monitor file progression and provide regular progress updates
- Conduct investigative reference interviews primarily by phone to produce comprehensive reference reports
- Prepare correspondence and verification request documents; submit to vendors or contacts by e-mail and/or fax
- Generate reports by data entering received information into standardized templates
- Respond to telephone and electronic enquiries or forward to appropriate person
- Input data into computerized databases, or other templates
- Import and/or export data between different types of software
- Verify accuracy and completeness of data; protect and ensure quality of generated reports
- Other tasks as assigned
- Full proficiency in ENGLISH
- Bilingual position required full proficiency in both ENGLISH and FRENCH.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including active listening
- Ability to respond professionally and to make effective, accurate and efficient decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently while contributing to team goals
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgement and discretion
- Attention to detail with time management and organizational skills
- Completion of post-secondary school education
- Full-time availability from Monday to Friday – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Entry-Level – full training provided in English
- Work hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
Location:Hire Performance – Markham, ON
Founded in 1998, Hire Performance Inc. is a Canadian pre-employment screening company specializing in providing Investigative Reference Checks, Criminal Record Checks, Credit Checks, Employment Verifications, Education/Credential Verifications and other pre-employment checks to clients in a variety of industries. Our goal is to help clients make informed hiring decisions and to protect clients from employing fraudulent, dishonest, or otherwise unsuitable candidates.