The specification to upload digital photo is as follows:
- The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
- The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
- The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
- Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
- The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
- The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
- The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.
My questions are:
1) Should the photo be printed physically according to the dimensions and does it then need to be scanned OR the photo should be taken in digital format in the exact dimensions by a professional photographer?
2) Is there a need of physically printing the photo since we are uploading it electronically?
3) Since it is a digital photo, do we need to provide backpage of the photo where we are asked to print our Date of birth and the photographer’s address?
Anyone who had already filed for their PR can you please help.