Skip to content

CSQ – Changing employers while in Québec

Hi, I have a few questions regarding my visa situation.

I’m currently:
1. in Québec
2. working for a company with a closed work permit (valid until April 2019)
3. I have a CSQ

I have received an offer from another employer and I’d like to accept it and switch jobs. As far as I know, this should be a relatively quick and simple process. I seem to understand that the employer has to submit a request online with an offer letter and a copy of my CSQ, and once that’s processed I’m supposed to go to the border with an application number and I’ll get my new work permit.

My questions are:
1. Where is the employer supposed to submit this application? Does anybody have a link?
2. Am I supposed to apply for the visa before or after I give my resignation to my current employer? I ask this because, assuming I get the new visa while still employed by the first company, I would come back from the border with a visa that says I’m only allowed to work for the second company. Would I be able to work my notice period with the first company, and be paid for it? Or should I resign first and apply for the visa later?

Thank you so much in advance to anybody who can help!

Source link

Questions? Let's Chat
Customer Support
Need Help? Chat with us on Whatsapp